Different cosmetic methods
The Latvian Microsurgery Center is the main plastic surgery clinic in Latvia, which offers not only surgical plastic and reconstructive methods, but also various cosmetic injections and minimally invasive regenerative methods for restoring the structure of facial and body tissues.
During the consultation, the most suitable method or combination of facelift methods is selected to achieve the desired result.
Purpose of injection procedures
Injection methods are still the “gold standard” for facial rejuvenation procedures. With timely and regular procedures, injections into specific areas and levels it is possible to avoid larger-scale surgeries as much as possible. It is also possible to save and improve the result of surgeries. This reduces the formation of the first mimic wrinkles, preventing deeper wrinkles, as well as preserving the structure and volume of the tissue, preventing tissue slippage. This makes it possible to maintain a radiant and youthful appearance for a longer period of time. It should be noted that more and more men are demanding and choosing this procedure.
There are several procedures that, individually or in combination, can produce the best results.
Botulinum toxin injections (Dysport, Botox, Vistabel)
Is the most popular way to correct facial wrinkles.
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles, glabellar or frown lines between the eyebrows, as well as “crow’s feet” around the eye zone are the main areas of the face for the application of botulinum toxin
- Botulinum toxin can be used to correct other areas of the face – to reduce the hyperactivity of the wide neck muscle (m. platysma), sagging lip corners, masseter muscles (m. masseter) and chin muscles, as well as to correct excessive gingival smile.
- A popular method today is microbotulin or mesobotulin therapy: the product is injected in small doses by microinjection, often in combination with hyaluronic acid mesotherapy. This reduces the appearance of superficial wrinkles all over the face. Microinjections are also performed in delicate areas, such as the correction of wrinkles in the eyelid area near the lash area or the correction of small so-called “smoky lines” around the lip area. This method also helps to cure acne scars.
- For the treatment of hyperhydration (increased sweating in the armpits and palms).
- For tension migraine pain relief.
Duration of manipulation
About 20 min -1 h. The duration of the procedure is determined by the amount of areas to be treated.
No special analgesia is required. Topical cold compresses are applied before injection to make the area less sensitive. A very small needle is used. Patients note that the pain is negligible.
Botulinum toxin blocks the transmission of nerve impulses to muscle fibers. Muscle hyperactivity is suppressed, partially paralyzing it and thus smoothing out dynamic wrinkles, but facial expressions remain. Complications do not usually occur with proper injection.
- The result appears within 7-10 days and lasts for 4-6 months. Given that the result is transient, it is advisable to repeat the injections periodically (1-2 times a year) to maintain a lasting effect.
Filler injections (Neuvia, Restylan, Juviderm, Teosyal, Radiesse utt.) are suitable for people with moderate signs of aging and a slight sagging facial tissue, the appearance of static wrinkles.
These preparations are based on hyaluronic acid – a substance that binds water in the tissues, restoring the skin’s moisture, firmness and volume. As a person gets older, the amount of hyaluronic acid produced by the body decreases, which can be replaced by injections.
Hyaluronic acid injections help to smooth out wrinkles (eg in the nasolabial, forehead area), regain lost volume and restore facial harmony by improving the oval of the face (correcting lip contours, face volume or asymmetry, cheek, jaw line highlighting). It helps to smooth out various congenital or acquired small defects, as well as refresh the surface of the palms.
Another possibility is calcium hydroxyapatite preparations, which promote the synthesis of collagen and elastin. It is commonly used in patients in whom hyaluronic acid-based fillers cause edema. These fillers do not have the property of binding water, so the risk of edema is lower. In addition, calcium hydroxyapatite promotes more active collagen synthesis, making the effect more long-lasting and persistent, especially in people with severely reduced collagen levels.
Topical application of anesthetic cream and cold applications before injections. Most fillers contain lidocaine (an anesthetic), which has an analgesic effect with the first injection.
The result of injections lasts from half a year to 1-2 years. Depending on the area to be treated and the type of filler.
Biorevitalization is a moisturizing procedure that improves the quality of the facial skin, during which the top layer of the skin is deeply nourished.
- A preparation containing hyaluronic acid + amino acids + vitamins is injected into the upper layer of the skin by multiple, small injections (in the form of mesotherapy).
- This method, using certain biorevitalizant sera, also helps to treat acne scars, deforming scars, as well as to treat stretch marks in other areas of the body.
The biological material of our own organism – PRP (platelet-rich plasma) – can also be used as a biorevitalisant.
(Read more about this method in the section “Treatment with platelet-rich plasma”)
In itself, mesotherapy, or microneedle therapy with small needles and many injections, is a method that stimulates tissue regeneration itself and promotes the synthesis of collagen and elastin.
Generally, biorevitalization is recommended for younger people to improve the quality of the skin by moisturizing and toning it. For mature skin with certain signs of aging, it is recommended to do it in combination with other methods. The procedure is usually performed in the form of a course: 3-6 procedures with an interval of 2 weeks or a month. After the active course, it is recommended to repeat the procedure every 3-6 months for a more lasting result. However, each patient is given an individual course and a combination of methods to achieve the desired result in the consultation.
NANOGRAFTING OR MICROGRAFTING
Nanografting or micrografting in combination with PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy or the so-called “vampire technique”.
The method is most effective in regenerating tissues and correcting facial contours and wrinkles, as it allows the possibility of large-volume correction in several areas during one procedure. It is used in the event of a general sagging of facial tissue, when it is necessary to restore the levels of all tissues. Namely, to restore the face oval, perform face contouring, smooth out static wrinkles and improve the top layer of skin.
- In the first stage, the patient’s own adipose tissue is taken from a certain problem area. Infiltration of subcutaneous adipose tissue through a special solution prepared for this purpose is performed in the adipose tissue area through small incisions of the skin. Infiltration is performed with a specially designed tube (cannula). After infiltration of the subcutaneous fat layer, liposuction is performed. The extracted adipose tissue is centrifuged and cleaned of damaged fat cells unsuitable for transplantation. The purified adipose tissue (micrografting) is injected into the target area with specially designed tubes (cannulas), restoring the lost volume in the face (facial oval restoration with contouring of cheekbones, jaw line and lips).
- The so-called nanografting method is used in certain delicate areas of the face (for the correction of lower eyelids or for the correction of certain skin defects, scars) – fat cells are fractionated into smaller molecules, obtaining an even higher and more active concentration of stem-rich stromal cells.
- In the second stage of the procedure, PRP material is prepared, which is obtained from the patient’s own blood and mixed with the previously obtained stem-rich stromal cell mass. Platelet and stem-rich stromal cell material is obtained and injected into specific areas of the face or other parts of the body that require finer material or enhanced stimulation of tissue regeneration.
- In the last stage of the procedure, the top layer of the skin is biorevitalized in the form of separate micro-injections with the obtained PRP material, improving the elasticity, firmness and radiance of the skin.
The procedure is easy to perform and does not take much time. Lipofilling alone or in combination with PRP is often performed concurrently with other surgical procedures (eg facelift).
The procedure should be performed under local and general anesthesia.
Average duration of the procedure
The effect is long-lasting and permanent. No allergic reactions have been observed with this method, as the patient’s own adipose tissue and blood plasma are used.